At Tricel, our tanks can be assembled to accommodate a wide range of capacity requirements ranging from 1000 litres to over 4 million litres of water storage. Internal partitions and ancillary items available on request speak with our sales team today to discuss your water storage requirements.
General Water Tank Installation
This tank is complete with internally flanged base, externally flanged side walls. All under water stays are stainless steel and all external bolts are galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461:1999. Stainless steel bolts are also available.
HEAVY DUTY COVER
Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, and for the storage of foul water. These tanks have internally flanged lid panels, similar to those used in the base.
HEAVY DUTY COVER AND FINISHED TO FORMAT 30
Suitable for indoor and outdoor use and for the storage of drinking water, as defined in our specification, Tricel (Killarney) Unlimited Company Format 30 on page eight.
- To comply with current legislation all tanks that store water that may be used for drinking must be protected, they must meet the requirements set out in the water bylaws
- BS EN 806 states that because any cold water tap is likely to be used to drink from, all such taps not directly connected to the mains shall be supplied only from tanks that are protected
- Where drinking water has been stored in an inadequately protected tank, a water analysis should be considered and adequate protection installed
- Tanks over 1,000 litres (220 gallons) shall be divided or have standby tanks to facilitate repairs and maintenance. It should also have a washout pipe or drain out taps, these are to terminate above an outside gully to prevent wastage and backflow contamination
- Tank insulation material should not suffer permanent structural damage from contact with water generally Phenolic and Polyurethane closed cell foams comply. Where pipe cut-outs go through insulated panels, bezels should be fitted to protect the exposed insulation from the ingress of moisture, insects, and vermin and preserve the integrity of the insulation with a protective finish
Types of Bolts:
Standard tanks come complete with bolts galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461:1999, we recommend that consultants specify stainless steel grade 316 S16 bolts under water and on the lid.
In any situation where there is only one water storage tank in a building and the capacity is greater than 1,000 litres (220 gallons), BS EN 806 states “to avoid interruption of the water supply when carrying out repairs or maintenance, the cistern shall be provided with compartments or standby cistern”. Where drinking water is being stored, two separate tanks are recommended as it is difficult to detect cross-contamination from one side of a division wall to another.
They should be used in any instance where condensation drips from pipework or from the tank as it could cause nuisance damage or render floors wet and slippery.
Ball valve housing:
The enclosed chamber containing an access hatch above the level of the cover, permitting the level control mechanism to be mounted at a higher level than would otherwise be possible. The overflow(s) must be placed on the tank sidewall and not on the Ball Valve Housing, water must be kept below the tank roof level. This is only necessary where very large ball valves are used.
Where the tank depth is 1m or greater, internal and external ladders should be specified. If the tank is on a raised platform then ladders may be required on tanks lower than this height. Where the tank is 2m or more from the top of the tank to the finished floor level external ladders should be fitted with safety cages and comply to BS 4211:2002+A1:2008.
Guardrail: A guardrail should be fitted enclosing all access points to the tank roof, where a tank is 2m or more from the top of the tank to the finished floor level. Additional safety guards may be required for ladders depending on their location. A risk assessment should be carried out by the end users to determine if this is required.
Reverse base tanks:
(Externally flanged base) These types of tanks allow the tank to be totally drained down, as the base is flat, they also allow access to all the bolts from the outside of the tank. 600 mm clearance is required underneath the tank for access to the base bolts.
Extensive industry experience, manufacturing since 1973.
Tricel manufacture deliver & install cold water storage tanks across a wide range of industry sectors throughout Ireland & the UK. Tricel also provide import/export services for our international clients. Tricel has been Manufacturing water tanks since 1973, and are made from Glass Reinforced Plastics (GRP). This top quality material offers outstanding capabilities including long life, durability and is a cost-effective solution for water storage even in the harshest environments. Cold water storage is available for both potable and non-potable applications.
GRP Water Storage Tank Installations
Airports & Hotels